|This content is exclusive to Pixel Gun 3D. It isn't in Pixel Gun World!|
The Photon Sniper Rifle is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 11.3.0 update.
This weapon has a dark red finished body with several bright yellow parts that are similar to the Photon Shotgun. It has a skeleton stock that is connected to the handle. The weapon also has a dark red/bright yellow barrel with an illuminated green front sight and a gas tube underneath. A scope is mounted on top of the body that gives the user 8x magnification.
Surprisingly, this weapon can 2 head-shot max armored players which can be contradicting to its grade and efficiency. However, it is not recommended to be used at higher levels(27+). In the 16.3.0 update, this weapon can be used at any level as long it’s maxed out.
- The burning effect is useful for weakening players to low health after hitting them on the face. Then an assault rifle such as the Hellraiser can finish them off.
- Be wary of the low magazine capacity and make every shot count.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- Take cover behind objects as the weapon lacks the ability to penetrate through players or objects.
- If hit, avoid the player's firing range and heal up.
- It is the second sniper weapon that has the ability to deal additional damage over time when hit, first being the Poison Hunter.
- It is the third photon-based weapon to be added to the game.
- It is the first sniper rifle with the "Burning" attribute.
- It is also the second weapon in the "Sniper" category to have the "Burning" attribute, the first being the Magic Bow.
- It is very similar to the Elf's Revenge.
- The idea of a photon sniper rifle may have possibly originated from a moderator and two members in the Pixel Gun World forums.
- This is currently the only Photon-type weapon to not have a grade of Common.
- In the 13.5.0 update, this weapon has been given an efficiency of 21, making it so that newer players won't really have to upgrade this weapon anymore. It was also given a combat level of 10.
- Similarly, to the Railgun, it has a charging sound after the weapon has been fired.
- In the 16.3.0 update, this is a 2 shot headshot maxed out.