|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you're looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Pixel Gun (PGW). If you are looking for the game "Pixel Gun", see Pixel Gun 3D or Pixel Gun World.
The Pixel Gun or the Pistol is a Backup weapon that can be used in all modes except for weapon specific maps and modes in Pixel Gun 3D. It is one of the 7 default weapons along with the Shotgun, Combat Knife Sniper Rifle, Flamethrower, Signal Pistol, and Machine Gun.
The Pixel Gun is a medium-sized silver pistol. It has dismal performance at max level. It deals a very low amount of damage, has a normal fire rate, a mediocre capacity, and lower than average mobility. It features single shot action.
The Pixel Gun has a leather strapped handle, a chrome frame, and a chrome slide. The slide moves backwards when firing. Looks like a revolver.
- Hit targets in the head as much as possible to maximize damage and minimize ammo use.
- This weapon is good in the Deadly Games due to the good range and decent headshots.
- It is recommended to only use this weapon if you don't have a better backup since it is significantly weaker than virtually every Backup weapon.
- Attack from either long ranges or close. Take cover or move unpredictably when being attacked.
- If possible, go in with a primary weapon and move side to side to dodge the bullets.
- The weapon has a distinct noise. Hunt down the user by following the damage indicators.
Normally, use weapons from other categories (such as the machine gun) and use this if you run out of ammo.
|“||Good old classics. It isn't very accurate, still very good for understanding the game.||”|
—Pixel Gun's description from the Gallery.
- You can see a red sketch board with the gun on it in the map War of Toys.
- This is the only default weapon with Combat Knife to be excessively used in Sniper Forts.
- The Pixel Gun is probably the most iconic weapon in the game because of its appearances in several official photos and the fact that it is the first weapon you come into view when opening the game.
- Also, this weapon seems to be named after the game.
- This weapon bears a resemblance to the Colt M1911 pistol.
- However, the metal frame appears to be wider, the slide/ejection port is larger, and the capacity of the Pixel Gun is 12 whereas the M1911 has 7.
- A giant Pixel Gun can be seen in the map Ant's Life.
- It is a popular weapon used by beginners, due to its stopping power and decent rate of fire for a sidearm.
- This is one of the few reload animations where the player does not pull back the slide.
- Its design had been slightly changed in the 10.0.0 update, defying it's appearance in the Armory.
- Some weapons that have been removed, such as the Heavy Shotgun, looks like the pixel gun when in the enemy perspective.
- Its firing sound was modified into something realistic as of recently.
- In earlier versions of the game, the characters in the thumbnail of the Pixel Gun 3D can be seen holding this gun.
- The weapon was redesigned in the 11.2.0 update.
- This, the Uzi-Uzi and the Simple Shotgun were the first ever weapons to be introduced in Pixel Gun 3D.
- However, they are very different from what it is now.
- In some modes/minigames, the Pixel Gun can be occasionally found as a pick-up.
- This weapon has one of the fastest reloading times in the game.
- This weapon being used in PixlGun 3D uses the old texture it uses before the 11.2.0 redesign.
- A giant replica of the Pixel Gun can be found in Checkmate.