|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
|“||Some slimy orange substance is contained inside this weapon. It is so hot that we have used adamant containers to keep plasma safe.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
It is a futuristic rifle that shoots orange plasma. It has low damage, a average rate of fire, medium capacity and average mobility.
It has a silver base, and orange grip, an orange battery magazine, and a large and futuristic looking orange barrel. The entire weapon has small lines going across it. It also has a battery magazine that looks like the Prototype, High Voltage and some other guns. The body of the weapon resembles a weapon from the Champion set, even though it is not. The sides of the gun will move in and move out every time the weapon is shot.
This weapon shoots orange plasma particles with a slow bullet travel time and a small, orange splash radius on impact. Moreover, it possesses a 2x zoom optic sight which allows this weapon to aim more accurately at targets.
When reloading, the player takes out the energetic clip and replaces it with another. It has no delay mechanics.
- Use it in medium-close ranges as the bursts travel slow.
- The small radius allows for simultaneous hits on multiple targets so it's effective to attack enemies that are in a group to maximize overall damage output
- When using a Jetpack, come down from directly above, while shooting down. Your fall speed is almost the same as the projectile speed, so they will all hit at once.
- Works better for attacking and pushing forward then for retreating.
- The bursts travel quite slowly so walking sideways while shooting at your enemy may prevent you from being hit
- The gun emits a distinct glow so look for it in dark maps to reveal the users' location.
- This weapon does not have a good fire rate, so going for the kill right away is a good strategy.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
Equip a Sniper for attacking enemies further away.
- Initial release. It was called the "Plasma Rifle PZ-1". Its fire rate was slower than modern versions.
- The weapon receives two new upgrades named "Plasma Rifle PZ-2" and "Plasma Rifle PZ-3" (Modern Plasma Rifle)
Between 8.1.0 and 8.3.0
- The PZ-1 and PZ-2 upgrades were removed. The PZ-3 upgrade is renamed to Plasma Rifle.
Between 9.0.0 and 10.0.0
- The projectile was changed.
- Its fire rate was buffed and it received two new upgrades.
- Its shooting sound and Armory icon was changed.
- The projectiles now can cause self-damage. Other area damage weapons were changed the same way as well.
- The animations of the Plasma Rifle were updated. The parts on the side of the weapon will go out and in every time the weapon is shot.
- Its projectile was updated again.
- This weapon was made to be available in Battle Royale
- The weapon now glows in the dark.
- It was previously called "Plasma Rifle PZ-1" and had a green barrel, just like the normal Plasma Pistol.
- This weapon along with its pistol counterpart used to not cause no self-damage, despite being able to cause splash damage.
- It's one of two Primary weapons to feature a Scope and Area Damage attributes together. The other being the Impulse Rifle.