|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you're looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Poison Hunter (PGW).
The Poison Hunter is a Sniper weapon added in the 10.3.0 update.
It is a dart rifle outfitted with a 10x zoom scope, the clip is made out of a cylinder filled with 8 darts arranged in a bullpup design, the barrel is wrapped in green cloth with a pair of dog tags or feathers dangling on the barrel.
It has good damage, a high fire rate, a low capacity, and an average mobility.
- Take advantage of this sniper's high firerate and Efficiency per shot.
- Be sure to aim for the head or/and target weakened opponents to conserve ammo and less intense duel.
- Conserve ammo due to its low capacity, so aim carefully.
- Take advantage of its Poison atribute, as it will corrode of enemy's armor or/and finish off weakened opponents.
- In Sniper Tournament, equipping Steel Hands will completely mitigate its high recoil rate.
- Fight at medium or long range for a less complicated duel.
- Due to its low ammo capacity, snipers need to reload frequently, which make them open for attacks.
- Area damage weapons easily pick off its users as the blasts mess with their aim.
Equip a much more mobile weapon to find sniping locations fast.
- The Poison Hunter shares a massive similarity to the "Sydney Sleeper" from Team Fortress 2; both are "dart guns" that are used as a sniper rifle, the only difference between the two weapons is that the scope of the Sydney Sleeper is nearly as long as the barrel of the gun, and will apply Jarate.
- It was the first sniper weapon that deals damage over time, the second one being the Photon Sniper Rifle.
- This the Wyvern and the Arahna Bite are the only Snipers that possess the Poison attribute.
- It has a reskinned version, the Paintball Rifle.
- As now, this rifle is 3-4 headshots kill.