The Portalium Rifle is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 16.1.0 update. It is part of the Portalius Event Set.
It has a grey skeletal stock with a black butt and a grey buffer tube connected to the main body of the gun.
The body is mainly dark red, with a dark red pistol grip, a yellow trigger, and a yellow scope with a light blue lens mounted on top. It also features a green energy cell as an ammo source.
The barrel of the weapon consists of a large shard of a Portalium Crystal.
When fired, it fires a purple beam.
It has average damage, a slow fire rate, a small capacity, and a slow mobility. It used to be quite powerful being a 1 shot headshot, but now it's a 2 shot headshot and a 3 shot bodyshot, making the weapon less effective than before. However, it's still possible to get kills with this weapon, with the right aim and skill.
- Aim at the head to deal more damage to the enemy player.
- Strafe around when using this weapon if you are in a head-to-head fight. However, as said above, you should stay in one place if no one knows where you are.
- Use the scope for medium or long range fights. In fact, medium and long range is the best range for this weapon as it is a sniper.
- If you got a shot in, finish them using a fast fire rate primary weapon.
- Aim on the head for maximum efficiency per shot.
- Like most similar weapons, the wall break is not that powerful. It should be only utilized if the enemy is taking cover behind a medium object, such as behind a ram’s wheel.
- Area damage weapons easily pick off its users.
- Flank around the user then use a melee weapon to deal quick damage and then pull back.
- When caught in a sniper duel, take time to aim while strafing to avoid getting hit.
- Avoid being out in the open when there is a sniper present.
- Jump around while strafing to minimize the chances of getting hit. Keep your movements radical so as to keep him confused.
- Use a one-shot sniper yourself, such as the Anti Champion Rifle or One Shot
- Sci-Fi themed
Have a backup Primary or Heavy weapon to finish players off or act as emergency weapons when players get too close.
- It uses the same crystal as a barrel as seen with the Prototype and the Prototype S.
- Despite this weapon looking very powerful, it’s a lot weaker then you thought.
- When firing this weapon, it feels like you are firing in two bursts even though it consumes only one ammo per fire.