|This content is exclusive to Pixel Gun 3D. It isn't in Pixel Gun World!|
The Poseidon Trident is a Special weapon introduced in the 13.0.0 update.
It appears to be a very large trident. It has extremely large spikes at the top, although you can’t use it as a melee weapon. It has a blue handle and is plated with some gold.
This weapon deals very high damage, moderate fire rate, has a high capacity, and has decent mobility.
- Try to use this weapon in groups as you may be able to kill multiple people at once.
- Always move around when using this weapon.
- Aim a bit higher than where you actually want to shoot because the weapon shoots slightly lower.
- Spam this weapon in close corridors like the Silent School or Pool Party. The projectile can hit most people if they stand close together and when they are in a corridor due to its piercing shot attribute.
- Time your shots, as this weapon does have a bullet travel time.
- Aim for the head for maximum efficiency per swing.
- Use this to gain free armor (3).
- While trying to take out flying enemies/jet pack users, you should aim a bit lower than where they are, because they may drop down a bit and be hit by your shot.
- Use the Guardian. You can dodge the trident's projectiles while the Guardian attacks.
- Keeping your distance from the user and movement is a good way to reduce incoming damage.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- Use a high fire rate weapon like the Excalibur. You can overwhelm them with bullets because the of the trident's somewhat slow rate of fire.
- Keep in mind that these travel time shots are horrible at hitting jet-packers or Rocket Jumpers. Bear in mind that, opponents can predict your movement and hit you.
- Strafe around the bullets, don't try to rush in close without an efficient close range weapon. This weapon performs well at close to medium range so be careful.
- Have a weapon with a higher capacity.
- This weapon could be paired with a category spam set in a medium-sized map.
- This weapon pairs great with the Prototype S. If you happen to hit an opponent with the Prototype S but fail to kill them, switch quickly to the trident and finish them off.
- It is the third throwing-type Special weapon to be added, the other two being the Snowball and the Tactical Tomahawk.
- This is the only weapon to not collect ammo for itself.
- This weapon has some similarities in strategy and mechanics with the Laser Spear.
- It is similar to the trident that the Greek god Poseidon used.
- When fired, the sound effects make it seem as though the trident is traveling through water, even though it is not.
- As of the 15.1.0 update, this weapon destroyed enemies with 1 shot
- After the 15.1.0 update, it is a 2-3 headshot to max armored players now.
- However, in the 15.4.0 update, it has been buffed immensely in which, at max upgrade, is a 1 shot headshot.