|“||10 bullets incinerating targets, a great optical scope with a night vision module, and light weight make this pistol a great tool for sabotaging the enemy base.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Propitiator is a Backup weapon introduced in the 15.9.0 update. It was obtained for a limited time as part of the Military Trader's Van event in the armory and in the Event Chest in the 16.4.0 update.
It is a military-themed weapon that shoots burning rounds silently. The weapon deals a decent amount of damage, has a fast fire rate, a decent capacity, and slightly above average mobility. It takes around 5 shots to kill a player.
It appears to be a handgun with a suppressor, blue camo, a reflex sight, and an oversized laser pointer attached under the barre. Its kill icon has the pistol painted all gray instead of the blue camo seen in its 3D render. The weapon is likely based on a Heckler and Koch USP and FN Five-Seven.
It silently shoots burning bullets that have instant bullet travel time. It performs best at close to medium range, but the scope does allow its user to participate in long-range battles. Moreover, the rounds can burn the players, making them temporarily lose extra health/armor.
When reloading, the magazine is taken out and is replaced by a spare one. It has no delay mechanics.
- It is quite a powerful weapon when the wielder has adequate skills to use it.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- It has the burning attribute, use it to weaken enemies.
- It can kill enemies in a short time, but it still requires skill since the accuracy isn't the best.
- Use it in medium to short ranges only, because the 2x scope isn't very powerful.
- Use the suppressor as your advantage. However, do not get too to enemies since they will hear you.
- Attack its user(s) from long ranges. But be careful since the damage is quite high and if you're not careful, you could get killed easily.
- Attack the user(s) when they're reloading or become complacent.
- Strafe around so you don't get hit.
- Use Area Damage weapons.
- Short ranged maps, such as the Pool Party or Silent School.
- Medium ranged maps, such as Christmas Town or Warehouse Assault.
- Bring any long-ranged weapon, such as the One Shot or Railgun.
- Equip a high damage Heavy, such as the Big Buddy or Energy Drill.
- This weapon is released via the Trader's Van, available for limited time.
- This weapon's capacity has been nerfed, from 12 to 10.
- This weapon was brought back in the Fourth of July Event Chest, like 2 of the other Trader's Van weapons, Heavy Sniper Rifle and Semi-Auto Shotgun.
- The weapon's damage was increased by 20%.
- This weapon is assumed to be using incendiary ammo to cause the burning effect.
- The model is based on the FN Five-Seven pistol.
- This weapon originally had 12 rounds, which was later nerfed to 10 in a later unknown update.
- Its weapon skin represents that on the Storm and Overseer, despite it not being obtainable during the super soldier event or being a mythical weapon, it's nonetheless a part of the Super Soldier Set along with the Storm, Overseer, and Instigator.