The Proton Freezer is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 15.7.0 update. It can be obtained for a limited time during the Christmas holidays in the Armory.
It appears to be a Sci-Fi themed weapon with 2 red nitrogen tanks in the back due to the fact that it has slow down target attribute, a gray controller used to fire the weapon, and a red, white, and blue barrel.
It has decent damage, a slow fire rate, a good capacity, and a slow mobility. It is 1-2 shots but it has very strong slowdown and you won’t take damage when rocket jumping.
- Time your shots as this weapon is a 1-2 shot.
- Use the strong slowdown as your advantage.
- Switch to any 85 mobility weapon as you won’t run fast with this weapon.
- Try targeting weakened players.
- Use this in close to medium range as it has bullet travel.
- Use this on a group as it has area damage.
- Pair this with the Singular Grenade to get easy points and kills.
- This weapon is a very good weapon for rocket jumping, so make those 8 shots count.
- Don’t always use this in long ranges, as the crosshair makes it difficult for that type of range.
- Simply attack the user from long range.
- Attack its users from behind or while he/she is reloading.
- Try strafing or rocket jumping to waste the user’s ammo.
- Be away from the ground often by using a Jetpack.
- Outrun the enemy with any 85 mobility weapon such as Dark Force Saber or Katana.
Bring any long ranged weapon.
- The area damage effect from this weapon is quite similar to the Sock Bomber area damage effect.
- Some 3 cat spammers use this to slow down people and rocket jump.
- When this weapon was first introduced, it was 3 shots.
- Now, it got a buff, making it 2 shots.