|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you are looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Prototype (PGW).
The Prototype, formerly known as the "Prototype-PSR 1", is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 5.3.0 update.
It has a grey body, with an orange battery. The energy source in the barrel is neon purple, with two spring-loaded rings around it. There is a silver "1" painted on it, possibly markings from its manufacturer. It fires purple lasers.
The Prototype has a high damage output, low capacity, low rate of fire and low mobility. Since the 15.1.0 update, the weapon has now become an 3-4 headshots kill at max efficiency
- This weapon have an extremely low capacity, make sure every shots count. If a target is moving extremely quick, it is better to use something that slows the target such as the Icicle Minigun, then finish them with this weapon.
- Use this weapon at long range with the scope. This weapon is not powerful at close range, especially against players with high-mobility weapons such as the Katana.
- Try to strafe around when using this weapon, especially in Sniper Forts, as other snipers can kill you if you are not moving.
- One shot will severely injures your opponents. Fire at the enemy once with the Prototype, and then quickly switch to another weapon finish the enemy off if the initial shot didn't kill him/her.
- To guarantee 2 headshots kill, equip this with Sniper Cape, Burning Tiara and Hunter's Altars.
- Take advantage weapon's laser trail to find where the opponent located regardless hit/miss.
- Use other snipers, preferably wall-break ones, to counter this. The Third Eye is also a good idea as you can locate these snipers easily with its X-Ray Vision ability.
- Go in close range and counter this weapon with a shotgun or flamethrower.
- Always strafe around when using this weapon. Staying in one spot would most likely get you killed by this weapon, even at close range.
- This weapon have an extremely low fire rate and reload speed. Attack the player between shots and when they are reloading.
- Use area damage weapons to mess up Prototype user's aims.
- Use Prototype yourself can be effective when countering.
|Basically the silver parts of this form are replaced with golden encrust. Instead of the "1" symbol, it puts G, indicated as an abbreviation of "Gold" or "Golden".||120
or obtained from the Lucky Chest.
- Carry around a high-mobility weapon to easily traverse around the map and finding sniping spots.
- An automatic primary or backup weapon to finish off weakened opponent.
Note: This history is fictional.
Through Gordon's research, he and his team discovered a portal-creating element (unofficially named 'portal crystal'), which they found fascinating and somehow weaponized it, and the Prototype was born in Area 52.
- It was the first railgun-type sniper rifle introduced into the game with wallbreaking and piercing abilities. Since then, many other similar-ability weapons such as its much more expensive successor the Anti-Hero Rifle and a backup in the form of the Exterminator have been introduced, however this weapon still holds a place in many veteran players' hearts over its modern versions purely for nostalgic purposes.
- Along with other weapons, even though this gun deals massive damage, it cannot kill certain mobs or bosses in Campaign or Arena in one shot.
- It is unknown what kind of weapon it's based on, but the PSR-1 could be a reference to Call of Duty: Black Ops II's Storm PSR (Piercing Sniper Rifle). It also shows some similarity to the Promethean Rifle from "Halo". The general community consensus is that it stands for Plasma Sniper Rifle, or maybe Prototype Sniper Rifle.
- Before the 9.3.0. update, each time the gun had fired, a purple box pops out of the receiver, and the player pushes the box back in. However, that action was removed and the action is now only seen while reloading.
- However, you can now see a similar action in the 15.7.0 update.
- In the 8.0.0 update, it received 2 upgrades. However, this, along with other upgrade features, was replaced by the small +1 efficiency upgrades.
- A character named Gordon "originally" invented this weapon, according to its lore.
- Enemies killed by the Prototype suffer a distinctive death by vaporization, where they are frozen in place and disintegrate into purple colored particles. However, this is no longer exclusive to this weapon anymore.
- It is the only gun with a golden skin that changes the gun texture.
- Its upgrades were removed in the 12.5.0 update, meaning that it now retains its original '1' weapon skin permanently (unless the gold skin is equipped).
- It is unknown what exactly it is a prototype of.
- It was severely powercrept when Combat Level Update introduced. It has an upgraded version known as the Prototype S and this is more like a re-skin than an upgrade. The Prototype S is far more powerful than the Prototype, being a 1-shot kill versus the Prototype's 4-5 shot kill.
- This no longer the case after the release of the 15.1.0 update, as the both of them now take 1-2 headshot to kill.
- At one time from 15.2.0, Prototype experienced a bug that bodyshot critically injures your opponents by 90% if bodyshot and a guaranteed headshot kill.
- It was fixed a day later.