The Pumpkin Thrower is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 8.2.1 update.
It is a purple gun that launches explosive pumpkin projectiles. It has high damage, low fire rate, low-average capacity, and low weight or mobility.
It has a black and purple base, with a green box towards the front. The green box has a pumpkin with fangs on it. It appears to load pumpkins into an inferno then fires them.
The player shoots a pumpkin that has a slow bullet travel time. The projectiles have a looping shot attribute, which means that they are shot in an arc trajectory and these projectiles leave a pumpkin-like splash radius.
When reloading, the player inserts three pumpkin projectiles from the weapon's back. It has no delay mechanics.
- Use in mid-short range battles to get easier kills.
- Don't shoot when the enemy is in mid-air. Wait until he reaches the ground.
- Blast the floor to propel yourself or an enemy player away to give yourself space away from them.
- Aim slightly upwards since this weapon has the looping shot ability.
- This weapon has a decently large hitbox, similar to the Bastion, so you may treat this similarly.
- Be mindful of how much ammo you have left.
- This weapon could be paired with the Jetpack, with experience a user can fire this weapon from up above and predict the opponent's position.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- Use a Primary weapon and keep shooting the enemy while he is uncovered.
- Use fast reloading and fast fire rate weapons to tick them off while they are slowly reloading.
- Try jumping around, since this weapon has a looping shot attribute, they will have a harder time using this weapon against you.
- Be careful when engaging these users in small hallways or buildings, since you would have a harder time dodging their projectiles.
Equip a mobile weapon and a long ranged weapon.
- Initial Release
- Range gets buffed
- Removed from game
- Added back into the game
- It is the only weapon so far to have a price that is not divisible by 5. The Upgrade costs 400 making 763 in total, a very expensive weapon. Between the 10.1.0 and the 11.0.0 updates, all forms costed . As of the 11.1.0 update, all forms now cost , having the same price, which is 140.
- It was released with the Hellraiser and the Missile Thrower in the 8.2.1 Halloween update.