- This article describes a weapon. If you're looking for the gadget, see Reflector (Gadget).
|“||Reflects from any surface, dealing damage to it beforehand. In some experiments, it reaches up to 100 enemies.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Reflector is a Special weapon introduced in the 13.2.1 update.
It is a yellow laser gun that shoots an orange laser that bounces off walls. It has great damage, a medium rate of fire, good capacity, and normal mobility.
It is a yellow/red reskin of the Laser Bouncer. It has yellow and black details with red laser aura.
This weapon shoots an orange laser that can pierce shot through players and bounce through walls. This orange laser has instant bullet travel time and is visible for 1-2 seconds after being emitted from the gun.
When reloading, the weapon is flipped vertically, the clip from the back is taken out, a spare clip is put in and the player flips the weapon horizontally.
It outputs delay on some weapons that are associated with Three Category Spam like the Thunderer and the Anti-Champion Rifle. It also receives a delay if those weapons were shot, then quickly switched to this weapon.
- Use this weapon similar to the Laser Bouncer.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- Use a high fire rate weapon with this, to compensate this weapon's mediocre fire rate.
- Use a weapon with higher mobility such as the Dark Force Saber.
- The shots from the weapon can ricochet two times off of objects. If you're skilled enough, you can just shoot the floor in hopes for the laser to ricochet into the enemy.
- A skilled enough player could use this weapon at long ranges due to its low recoil.
- The weapon leaves the trace of the laser so follow the laser to track their location and use a high fire rate and high damage weapon to kill them. (e.g. Ultimatum). Do not attempt this if they are a Three Category Spammer.
- Jump around to avoid being shot. Rocket jump if you cannot move around fast enough.
- Avoid small spaces as its users will take advantage of its Ricochet attribute.
- If in close encounters with a user, switch to an Area Damage weapon and try to eliminate them. Keep in mind if you're too close to the explosions of your weapon, you can damage yourself.
- This weapon does not have a spread or area damage, so you could try to counter this weapon by getting close to the user and using a shotgun, flamethrower or other high-damage weapons meant for close ranges.
- If you know that enemies have this weapon, avoid small and short hallways, since they could easily hit you.
- Highly skilled players could either snipe you or easily hit you in open areas, so make unusual patterns to decrease the chances of you getting hit by its lasers.
- When engaging a player with the Reflector, be aware the enemy can hit you with the weapon's ricochet bouncing off walls. Try to keep the fight in an open area, which renders the ricochet feature useless.
This weapon is undoubtedly one of the most popular weapons in the game. When accessible to many players (like in the Armory at a cost that many players can afford), many players would want to buy it. It is often loved and wanted by many players, but others dislike it due to its performance and/or its popularity.
Some of the old players originally used the Laser Bouncer because that is the first special weapon to have a similar performance of being a weapon that shoots a powerful laser that bounces through walls. Then, when 13.2.1 came out, players started using the Reflector, which has a similar performance to the Laser Bouncer. Though nowadays, both weapons are pretty much used equally, but the Reflector is slightly used more.
- Initial release.
- It is one of the exact re-skins in the 13.2.1 update, along with other weapon re-skins. The gun itself is based on the Laser Bouncer. They both oddly look like the Contact Beam from the Dead Space series due to its structure.
- It is one of the few weapons that possess the ricochet function.
- The others are the Laser Bouncer, Alien Blaster, Alien Cannon, Alien Rifle, Alien Sniper Rifle, Laser Bow, Mini Alien Spaceship, Laser Cycler, Comet, Particle Accelerator, Ricochet Rifle, Alien Bouncer, Amazon's Sharp Ring, Meteor Shower (Weapon), Blinder, Dragon Cannon, Football Cannon, Sock Bomber, Toy Bomber, Adamant Bomber, and the Manticore.
- This weapon is widely used in the 3 category spam technique.