The Sharp Flame is a Melee weapon introduced in the 16.2.0 update. It is obtained from completing all 6 Survivor's Challenges in the Survivor's Season.
The weapon features a shield and a sword.
The shield takes the form of a broken road sign with various visible damages, such as holes, rust, and scratches.
The sword features a brown grip with a grey handguard, pommel, and a blue crossguard. The blade is orange that emits an orange flame.
- This weapon can be used to tearing down groups of enemies with its great damage.
- The shield gives an armor bonus, use it when moving to reduce damage.
- It has a slower swing speed than most melee weapons. Time your attacks precisely in order to maximize accurate hits.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- Strife around while attacking to outmaneuver around enemies.
- The burning effect can be used to deal additional damage against enemies, which could potentially kill them if their health is low enough.
- Pick off users at long range.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns make quick work of users.
- When caught in a melee battle, try flanking around the user and attack them from their sides.
- When using an area damage weapon, aim at the ground.
- Use high-damaging weapons to counter the Armor Bonus feature.
Have a Sniper or Primary weapon to engage enemies from long ranges.
- LIke the Sword & Shield, the shield does add to the armor, but it does not reflect/stop bullets in any way.
- The weapon is heavily inspired by Fallout 3's "Shishkebab" due to both being a sword being made up of old vehicle parts although the latter doesn't have a shield.