|“||Fun fact: The shield contained "Well said" phrase, but the sarcasm was divided by two after a straight shot from the Apocalypse.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
It is a sword with a fiery blade that attacks opponents in close range and a broken road sign shield that gives the player armor bonus. It has good damage, high attack speed, and decent mobility.
The weapon features a shield and a sword. The shield takes the form of a broken road sign with various visible damages, such as holes, rust, and scratches.
The sword features a brown grip with a grey handguard, pommel, and a blue crossguard. The blade is orange that emits an orange flame.
The player has the sword equipped on their right hand and the shield equipped on their left hand. When being used, it is not held in a reasonable defensive position. The player attacks opponents in close range with the sword. The sword can also give the opponent a burning effect, which makes them temporarily lose health. The super mutant assassin has this weapon in fort test.
- This weapon can be used to tearing down groups of enemies with its great damage.
- The shield gives an armor bonus, use it when moving to reduce damage.
- It has a slower swing speed than most melee weapons. Time your attacks precisely in order to maximize accurate hits.
- Aim for the head to maximize the damage.
- Strafe around while attacking to outmaneuver around enemies.
- The Burning attribute can be used to deal additional damage against enemies, which could potentially kill them if their health is low enough.
- Using the Astral Blade Module, along the Magic Module's passive skill, Blood Thirst, take advantage of pets by eliminating them to gain advantage of your mobility, as it has 65 mobility. Depending on what level your elemental module is, the faster you move with your melee weapon.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Area Damage weapons and shotguns make quick work of these users.
- When caught in a Melee battle, try flanking around the user(s) and attack them from their sides.
- When using an Area Damage weapon, aim at the ground.
- Use high damaging weapons to counter the Armor Bonus feature.
- When "Energy Shield" module skill is active on the user, use Melee to eliminate the opponent, as the skill absorbs the damage giving the user no damage taken.
- Initial release.
- Like the Sword & Shield, the shield does add to the armor, but it does not reflect/stop bullets in any way.
- The weapon is heavily inspired by Fallout 3's "Shishkebab" due to both being a sword being made up of old vehicle parts although the latter doesn't have a shield.
- After the recent updates, the weapon is already known to be a forgotten weapon, because of its exclusiveness from the battle pass. There was no sign of this weapon to be returned to lotteries, or in the Traders Van.
- A small percentage of the community who own this melee weapon do not see any difference with the weapon's damage as the updates did not mention an adjustment to the weapon's range and damage.
How to unlock
- Team Fight: Win a match without dying.
- Battle Royale: Win 1 match without picking up first-aid kits or armor.
- Deathmatch: Gain 2000 points during 1 match.
- Eliminate 10 opponents in a row during one life.
- Flag Capture: Capture 2 flags in a row during one life.
- Open 50 Lucky Chests.