|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes the Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you're looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Simple Shotgun.
|“||Perfect in its simplicity. The shotgun is very powerful in close-quarter fighting, and pellet will pierce through the pixels of your enemy easily.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Shotgun, formerly called the "Simple Shotgun", is a default Primary weapon introduced in the 2.5.0 update.
It has a wooden pistol grip as well as a wooden pump. The barrel and base are made of silver-white metal. There is a shell ejection port on the right side. A small sight is at the end of the barrel but cannot be used. It does area damage (its pellets spread over a rather wide area).
It has decent accuracy and deals a good amount of damage. Its rate of fire and mobility are great too.
- Use in close combat and aim for the head.
- Switch to a different weapon if enemies get close before the reload is done, as it takes a while to reload.
- Use it in maps where there are many obstacles. This weapon's bullets will hit enemies that won't be able to escape easily.
- Do not hold the fire button with the shotgun unless at near point-blank range. Waiting a second before shooting again restores the weapon to first-shot accuracy.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Ambush user(s) with explosives.
Close ranged Deadly Games maps.
Equip long ranged weapons.
- Initial release
- The weapon's model was remodeled.
- The weapon was added to Deadly Games.
- Its name was changed from "Simple Shotgun" to "Shotgun".
- The weapon's efficiency was changed from 3 to 5 and it was given a combat level of 3.
- It resembles both the Ithaca Stakeout shotgun and the Maverick 88 shotgun.
- Unlike in Pixel Gun World, the Simple Shotgun is a default weapon in Pixel Gun 3D.
- It is one of the first 3 weapons introduced in Pixel Gun 3D. The other two being the Uzi-Uzi and the Pixel Gun. This is one of the 2 weapons added in the first patch, the other being the Uzi-Uzi.
- This weapon is one of the lucky few to be added into the Battle Royale game mode.
- In very old versions of the game, the player would hold this weapon with just one hand and it would just shoot only one bullet.
- Despite having only a magazine size of 7, the player loads 8 shells into the gun.