|This content is exclusive to Pixel Gun 3D. It isn't in Pixel Gun World!|
The Smile Mine is a Throwing gadget introduced in the 11.1.0 update.
It appears as a green circular C4 trip mine, with a yellow face in the center of the bomb. There is a red, green, and blue wire on each side connected to the face in the center. The eyes on the face also appear to be crossed out.
The Smile Mine can be used to set a wide variety of traps. One of the most effective strategies of utilizing it is deploying it on the open door that allows enemies to enter and steal your flag (in capture the flag mode).
- When thrown, it lies flat on any surface, making it hard to see if you are not paying attention, so be careful on where the mine is.
- When stepped on or walked near, it explodes, killing the victim.
- Put it near your spawn so enemies will avoid spawn-killing you and your teammates.
- When not upgraded, it's explosion deals about the same damage as being shot by the Battle Mech once.
- Throw it at a person that is in mid-air.
- Deploy the Mine somewhere where it is difficult to see, such as around corners, granted your opponent hasn't appeared yet.
- You can use the explosion of the mine to "Rocket Jump", although it is not ideal unless you don't mind losing a good chunk of armor/health.
- In Flag Capture mode, trying deploying this right onto your team's flag. Anyone who tries to grab the flag will get either destroyed or seriously injured by the hidden mine.
- When stepped on or walked near, it explodes, killing the victim, so avoid the mine even if someone in your team placed it to avoid either getting damage or not.
- It's very noticeable as the mine has a dead smile face, so this indicates that this gadget can be deadly.
- The mine lets out a rather audible giggling noise when the mine is deployed, so keep your ears peeled!
- This acts like a C4.
- This is one of the three Throwing Gadgets with the "Contact Detonator" attribute. The other two are the Fake Bonus and the Firework.
- The weapon shares both a similar appearance and a similar function to the Concussion Mine, an ability and weapon of Jamison Fawkes (Junkrat) from Blizzard Entertainment's Overwatch.
- Both are highly powerful and explosive mines, with a grinning face as well as crossed out eyes, that can be thrown and stuck to nearly any surface.
- The explosions of both mines can also be used as a means of blast jumping.
- However, the two also share one common difference, and that's how they are detonated. Junkrat's Concussion Mine can be manually detonated via the click of a button, while the Smile Mine can only be detonated when an enemy gets close enough to trigger it.