Space Arena is a symmetrical map set in outer space. The map consists of five platforms, arranged in three tiers of height. The lowest platform is blue, the middle platform is orange-brown and the highest two are green.
There are various gravity pads that propel players into the air helping them reach higher platforms. Laser barriers can be also found in this map, damaging anyone touching it over time.
- The three weapons recommended for this map are Exterminator, Acid Cannon and Alien Cannon.
- As the map is somewhat wide, long-ranged combats are common.
- Due to the gravity pads, one can rain death from above or fight each other airborne.
- Each gravity pad has a different jump height and angle, so keep this in mind while fighting in this map.
- Players instantly die when falling off the platforms.
Unlike most maps, there is zero-gravity or low gravity in this map, due to this map being Space-themed.
- It is the only duel map with gravity pads as of the 11.0.0 update.
- The map has the elements of an old multiplayer map: the Science Lab.
- It also has the neon elements same as the campaign map; ???
- In the 12.0.0 update, the music has been changed.
- The map's layout is based from one Quake III Arena map named Q3DM17: The Longest Yard, except that it does not have a camping porch.
- In the 12.5.3 update, in the Map Selection, the letters of this map's name became lower-cased, except its initials (Space Arena Space Arena).