|“||Electrification of weapons is an important process. However this "evolution" caused a problem on the market - there are no batteries anymore. This gun, for example, requires 5 AA batteries per a shot.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Sparkling Eel is a Special weapon introduced in the 14.0.0 update.
It is a blue, insect looking weapon that shoots a blue substance. It has high damage, low fire rate, moderate capacity, and moderate mobility.
It appears to be a reskin of the Swarmer. It is an electric eel which has 6 legs, one eye on the top, and two eyes on the side of its fangs.
This weapon shoots a blue substance that acts like a rocket with a certain bullet travel time. Moreover, the Chain Damage and Slows Down Target mechanics add to the fear factor, as the player doesn’t even need to be hit directly in order to take damage.
When reloading, a substance is inserted into the weapon's dispenser. It has no delay mechanics.
- Spam this weapon into choke areas such as control points.
- Try to save ammo, as it runs out of it easily and doesn’t have much reserve ammo.
- Do not attack fast-moving or air targets, as this weapon has bullet travel time.
- This was the hard counter to Judge users. Since they were forced to stand still while using their weapon, the chain-damage would easily kill them.
- Abuse this weapon’s mechanic when enemies are grouped up tightly. That way, you’ll be able to hit all of them at once.
- Attack a user's pet; when the rocket hits, the chain damage will also hit the player.
- Strafe around so that users would miss their aim.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Never stand still, and stay away from teammates, as this weapon's chain-damage can easily kill you. The farther you are from them, the lesser the chance you will be hit by the stray chain shots.
- Attack the user at close range with a Melee.
Equip a sidearm with high ammo, as this weapon has a low ammo capacity.
- Initial release.
- Its Efficiency was nerfed from 28 to 25.
- Although this is the reskin of the Swarmer, it does not have the homing missile attribute that the Swarmer has.
- The weapon might be inspired by the shock roach from Half-Life: Opposing Force as both weapons are organic bio-firearms although both have their differences; the sparkling eel fires electricity while ironically the shock roach fires plasma and has technically an infinite ammo supply.