The Sparkling Eel is a Special Weapon that was added in the 14.0.0 update.
It appears to be a reskin of Swarmer.
This weapon does very high damage, has a medium fire rate, yields a low capacity, and allows for average mobility. The Chain Damage mechanic adds to the fear factor, as you don’t even need to be hit directly in order to take damage.
- Spam this weapon into choke areas such as control points.
- Try to save ammo, as it runs out of it easily and doesn’t have much reserve ammo.
- Aim properly, as this weapon has bullet travel time.
- This was the hard counter to Judge users. Since they were forced to stand still while using their weapon, the chain-damage would easily kill them.
- Abuse this weapon’s mechanic when enemies are grouped up tightly. That way, you’ll be able to hit all of them at once.
- Strafe around so that users would miss their aim.
- Pick off users from long ranges.
- Never stand still, and stay away from teammates, as this weapon's chain-damage can easily kill you. The farther you are from them, the lesser the chance you will be hit by the stray chain shots.
Bring a sidearm with high ammo with you, as this weapon has a low ammo capacity.
- Although this is the reskin of the Swarmer, it does not have the homing missile attribute that the Swarmer has.
- in the 15.1.0 update, this weapon received a nerf where it's efficiency is now 25 instead of 28 power.
- The weapon might be inspired by the shock roach from Half-life : opposing force as both weapons are organic bio-firearms although both have their differences ; the sparkling eel fires electricity while ironically the shock roach fires plasma and has technically an infinite ammo supply.