|“||Designer Toms: Let's make an ultra durable shield out of the magazines for this weapon, so that the fighter would feel himself in danger only while reloading... Engineer Cors: He ALREADY feels that way||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
It has a very large shoulder stock. The gun is almost all green camo, with an American Flag style drum magazine.
This weapon has a 2x scope, making it useful for dogfights. It also has high firing rate with high damage.
- Use this in short to medium ranges.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- Use the 2x scope when engaged in long ranged attacks.
- Jumping and strafing could help in dodging enemy fire and confusing your opponents.
- Equip a different weapon if you plan to run or escape enemy fire.
- Jump around and strafe to avoid getting hit.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Area damage can knock off his/her aim.
- Initial release.
- Its first form, the Brave Patriot, became a separate weapon, though it didn't have any upgrades.
- The weapon received an extra upgrade.
- It was removed.
- It was brought back into the game.
- In the Spanish version of the game, it is called Gun America.
- This gun is good for medium range shooting.
- It has a fold-up handle, but it is collapsed in its picture in the gun selector.
- The drum clip has a red-blue-white design that resembles the Captain America Shield.
- It is based on the real world M1928A1 Thompson with a 50-round drum clip.
- Even though the Thompson SMG is slightly inaccurate in real-life, this weapon is one of the most accurate primary SMG in the game.
- Its scope appears on some projectile weapons like the Cherry Bomb and the Firestorm G2.
- The reload time of the State Defender is slower as of the 8.0.0 update than when it was released (excluding the Brave Patriot's reload animation).
- This weapon is disguised as the Combat Rifle when you get killed by it.