|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you're looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Steam Power (PGW).
The Steam Power is a Primary weapon added in update 8.0.0. It used to be the third and final upgrade of the Deadly Candy.
It is a steampunk shotgun that shoots a spread of bullets. It has medium lethality, a high rate of fire, decent capacity, and decent mobility. This weapon does not feature a scope, making it difficult for long-range shooting.
It is almost identical to its predecessor, but all the bronze and gold turned into black. It has a triple barrel setup. This weapon is based on the real world Chiappa Triple Threat. The design goes along with the Steam Revolver.
Like any other shotgun, this weapon shoots a spread of regular bullets with instant bullet travel time and it can perform best at close range since it is a shotgun. The bullets are shot at a high fire rate. It has no other attributes.
When reloading, the player opens the barrels, the bullets jump away from the back of the barrels, the player inserts a new group of bullets and closes the barrels. It has no delay mechanics.
- Always use in close range combat. Avoid open areas when possible and lure your target into a more closed-in space in the map.
- Attack enemies from behind when ambushing them. And aim for the head for maximum damage.
- Paid this with the Turbocharger module combination so you can spam-fire this weapon without having to worry about its ammo for a moment.
- Aim carefully, as its reload isn't the fastest and it has a small capacity of 6 shots.
- At point-blank ranges, the weapon becomes lethal with well-placed headshots.
- Due to its slow reload, one needs to take cover whilst moving around to compensate the perceived weakness.
- Or if you have no time to reload, your Backup weapon can save you from this instance, especially when it dons a good firing rate.
- It can quickly kill low-flying Jetpack users, especially if one is paired with at least a height-boosting accessory.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- The Steam Power can only fire six shots at a time, so try picking off its uses while they're busy reloading.
- Area damage weapons can easily pick off its users.
- Avoid engaging in close range combats on those users. If you do. Try to finish them off with an area damage weapon with/without combined with series of Rocket Jumps.
Have a weapon with a longer range.
It got spread damage.
It was removed for unknown reasons. This weapon was 'disguised' as an ordinary Pixel Gun, like many other removed weapons' fate. However, this does not affect the person wielding this weapon.
It was brought back to the game aling with other older removed weapons to celebrate the game's birthday.
The weapon's capacity was increased from 3 to 6.
- This is one of two weapons that has a back-up counterpart. The other one is Plasma Rifle (not including holiday-themed weapon sets).
- Surprisingly, 2-4 head-shots to a full adamant armored player can kill them, a feat usually only found with high-ranking weapons. But like the Mega Destroyer against players, this weapon does terrible damage against mobs (3-4 shots to kill a normal zombie).
- This shotgun appears to be a brother to the Blundergat from the infamous Call Of Duty series.
- In the 10.0.0 update, it received 2 new upgrades.
- It fires faster than its stats. However, like the Apocalypse, its reload is slow, lowering its fire rate stat.
- The Deadly Candy (150) was more expensive than the Steam power (135 ).
- It was a one-shot kill, but was nerfed to a 4 shot at a very close range, making it one of the weakest shotgun in the armory, as even assault shotgun is a 2 shot, plus more ammo compared to steam power.
- This gun was removed from the armory and can only be purchased from the Trader's Van.
- The gallery description references Steam and its founder, Gabe Newell.