|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you're looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Steam Power (PGW).
The Steam Power is a Primary weapon added in update 8.0.0. It used to be the third and final upgrade of the Deadly Candy.
It is almost identical to the its predecessor, but all the bronze and gold turned into black. It has a triple barrel setup. This weapon is based on the real world Chiappa Triple Threat. The design goes along with the Steam Revolver.
It has medium lethality and has high rate of fire. It also has area damage. This weapon does not feature a scope, making it difficult for long range shooting however makes an overall decent weapon in low level matches.
- Always use in close range combat. Avoid open areas when possible and lure your target into a more-advantage spot in the map.
- Because the Steam Power is a shotgun-based weapon, and provides bullet spread, avoid using this in a long distance battle. It will deal little to no damage if used in long to medium ranges.
- Attack enemies from behind when ambushing them. And aim for the head for maximum effect.
- Aim carefully, as its reload isn't the fastest and it has a small capacity of 3 shots.
- At point-blank ranges, the weapon becomes lethal with well-placed headshots.
- Due to its slow reload, one needs to take cover whilst moving around to compensate the perceived weakness.
- Or if you have no time to reload, your Backup weapon can save you from this instance, especially when it dons a good firing rate.
- It can quickly kill low-flying Jetpack users, especially if one is paired with at least a height-boosting accessory.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- The Steam Power can only fire three shots at a time, so try picking off its uses while they're busy reloading.
- Area damage weapons can easily pick off its users.
- Avoid engaging in close range combats on those users. If you do. Try to finish them off with an area damage weapon with/without combined with series of Rocket Jumps.
Have a weapon with a longer range.
- It has been named "Steam Power" from "Super Steam Power" in the update 8.1.1 and the old Steam Power has been removed from the game. It costed 65 (200 with previous upgrades).
- This is one of two weapons that has a back-up counterpart. The other one is Plasma Rifle (not including holiday themed weapon sets).
- As of 9.0.4, this weapon has spread damage.
- Surprisingly, 2-4 head-shots to a full adamant armored player can kill them, a feat usually only found with high-ranking weapons. But like the Mega Destroyer against players, this weapon does terrible damage against mobs (3-4 shots to kill a normal zombie).
- This shotgun appears to be a brother to the Blundergat from the infamous Call Of Duty series.
- In the 10.0.0 update, it received 2 new upgrades.
- It fires faster than it's stats. However, like the Apocalypse, it's reload is slow, lowering its fire rate stat.
- The Deadly Candy (150) was more expensive than the Steam power (135 ).
- It was removed in the 11.4.0 update for unknown reason.
- As of the 11.4.0 update, this weapon was 'disguised' as an ordinary Pixel Gun, like many other removed weapons' fate. However, this does not effect the person wielding this weapon.
- It was a one shot kill, but was nerfed to a 4 shot at a very close range, making it one of the weakest shotgun in the armory, as even assult shotgun is a 2 shot, plus more ammo compared to steam power.
- This gun was removed and must be purchased from the Trader's Van.