|This content is exclusive to Pixel Gun 3D. It isn't in Pixel Gun World!|
The Stinger is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 9.4.0 update. It is the first form of the Stinger.
It was called "The Death of Speedster" among the soldiers, as it isn't very hard to get quick opponents after some training.
It has a green-colored launch tube, barrel and handle. It also has a grey firing mechanism and a green guiding system. It also has yellow stripes on the end of the barrel and launch tube.
It deals good damage at a decent firing rate. It features a 4x scope and the Stinger Up1 inflicts area damage. It launches rockets that follow the user's crosshairs and the center-dot when aiming down the scope.
- Focus near the feet for a certain chance of hitting your target. Use the neighboring range.
- Use this weapon to severely damage heavily armored players and finish them off with ease.
- Always focus on the target when using this weapon.
- Use it in medium range, so you can see where the missiles are going.
- Spam the weapon, to compensate its average damage.
- Useful as an effectve encounter against Judge users.
- It is an ideal weapon to hit enemy armor hard.
- Use this to encounter Ghost Lantern/Soulstone users.
- This weapon runs out of ammo very quickly and you may find yourself with no ammo at all. Make sure to constantly reload and find ammo packs.
- Useful against groups of enemies, due to its area damage, tied with fairly fast fire rate.
- Use a Sniper to pick the user off.
- If the you are targeted, move away from the rocket and try to steer tightly around objects, this way, there will be a chance for the rocket to hit an object, instead of you.
- Avoid being in groups with friendly targets. As single rocket can lead into devastating damage or unexpected deaths.
- After the opponent fires, use an automatic weapon, like the Hellraiser, to easily headshot the opponent until they die.
- Don't forget about the time the rocket has like the Judge it has a limited flight time.
- Its rockets it lobs out does NOT have health, so shooting it will not do anything.
- When the opponent runs out of ammo, use this as your opportunity to attack.
- Strafe around so you don't get hit. But be careful since this thing has manual guidance.
Bring a Sniper weapon to fend off enemies in long range combat.
- The idea of manually guiding rockets (in gaming) dates back to the HECU RPG from the iconic PC and XBOX game known as Half Life.
- This was a new rentable weapon added in update 9.4.0. alongside the Exterminator.
- It seems to be a hybrid between the real life FIM-92 Stinger SAM Missile Launcher, and the SMAW Rocket Launcher, due to it having an attachable launch tube in the back.
- Despite being used to take down aircraft, it is used like a regular missile launcher and targets players instead. (Even more unusual is that in real life, the Stinger would need a heat signature to lock on to an enemy aircraft while the human body's heat would be low enough to allow the missile to just not lock on to it.)
- Also it holds 4 missiles, even though the real life version only holds 1 missile.
- And it has a ammo clip, even though in real life you load one rocket at a time.
- This weapon and its upgrades are the only weapons that have the manual guidance function.
- It was not rentable for iOS.
- As of the 12.5.0 update, it was removed from the Lucky Chest.
- It has the counterpart weapon, which is the Judge.
- Its efficiency was buffed from 25 to 34 in 13.5.0 update.