|“||Be unstoppable like a perfect storm and destroy your opponents. After Portalius was eliminated, his supplies were handed to the military forces and the weapons became the trophies of the soldiers.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Storm is a Primary weapon introduced in the 15.9.0 update. It is part of the Super Soldier Event Set.
It is a special forces themed assault rifle that regularly shoots bullets and includes a 4x scope. It has very high damage, a decent fire rate, a small capacity, and decent mobility.
This gun features a blue, red, gold, and gray colored palette.
It is a bullpup assault rifle with a blue accent. It features a 25 round magazine, an under barrel grenade launcher, and a 4x scope.
The player holds this weapon with both of their hands, mainly by grabbing its handle. The player automatically shoots regular bullets with a small splash radius. Moreover, this weapon possesses a 4x scope for long-range battles.
When reloading, the player takes out the magazine from the bottom of the weapon and puts another one in the same place.
It has a fixed delay which means it will have a small pullout delay no matter what.
- Take advantage of its explosive rounds.
- Despite having Area Damage, it is possible to aim for the head.
- Aim very well, since it does not have much ammo on use.
- Use the 4x scope for ease in long range encounters on enemies.
- Considering its low ammo count, you have to find for ammo pickups so as to continuously use this weapon.
- Its explosive rounds do not have a large explosion radius, so you have to try aiming for enemies directly instead.
- Pair this with a high damaging Backup weapon, like the Exterminator or Shotgun Pistol.
- Make sure to reload frequently.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Any one shot weapons will do the trick.
- Jump around to avoid its shots, but be wary of its explosive rounds, albeit small.
- Hide behind a thick wall as the area damage isn't the best, but make sure that you are not too near its explosion.
Bring any long-range weapon.
- Initial release.
- This weapon, along with its event skin, was put in the Trader's Van as part of the Community Van that was hosted by the developers.
- This weapon is from the Super Soldier Event set along with the Overseer and Instigator.
- It is based on the OTs-14 Groza with a GP-30 underbarrel grenade launcher.
- Interestingly, Groza is Russian for "Storm".
- This is the first Primary weapon-based from the real-world weapons that fire explosive rounds upon firing.
- Like most Primaries with a grenade launcher, the said attachment is just for cosmetic purposes.
- It is 6-7 shots, but only if you directly hit the enemy. Otherwise, it's 8-9 shots.
- One of its skins, Asimov, is based of a Counter Strike weapon skin, spelt "Asimov".