|This article is a featured article, which means it is identified as one of the best articles produced by the Pixel Gun Wiki.|
|“||There aren't many people who know that the hammer is a tiny apartment for the thunder elemental. It has a patio and a mini-bar, and you have a majestic energy weapon.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Storm Hammer is a Melee weapon introduced in the 10.0.0 update.
It is an electrical hammer that emits a thunderous radius when swinging. It deals high damage, fast attack speed, and good mobility.
It has a big silver head with a lightning symbol in the middle, as well as a blue and black striped handle with a golden bottom. When swung, the top opens up and shoots out white lightning in a ring pattern surrounding the user. The storm-like ring it puts around it most likely resembles Thor's hammer, Mjölnir.
Despite its category being melee, its range is bigger than most melee weapons, due to its area damage attribute. This weapon emits a thunderous radius that deals a lot of damage when the player is inside the radius.
- Use this to mow down heavily armored players due to its high damage.
- Although this has an area damage effect, the closer players are to the hammer, the damage output will increase slightly. So, try to get closer to the enemy when possible.
- It is a 2-3 shot kill, and along with area damage, it is ideal for compact areas.
- However, keep in mind that when dealing with enemies equipped Champion armor players, this will be a 3-4 shot kill.
- This weapon is powerful when combined with Stealth Bracelet, as the user can utilize invisibility to slaughter enemies. Coming from above has a similar effect although it requires timing.
- It is possible to get many killstreaks with this weapon.
- Use this in Knife Party, because many other players may use non-area damage Melee weapons, where you have the upper hand against them.
- In melee versus melee combat in a choke point, it is recommended to move forward while in the swinging animation and move back while the lightning is coming out. This allows for multiple enemies to be hit and you can't be chased as there is a high chance someone was behind you and could be finished off.
- In 1v1s, stay extremely close to your enemy so full damage will be dealt. Try to avoid their line of sight, be advised against certain weapons, this tactic won't work (like the Ghost Lantern), where it is best just to switch to a longer-ranged weapon.
- Pickoff its users from long ranges.
- Use a weapon with "Slows Down Target" attribute to prevent the user catching up or escaping.
- Its users can't hit any enemies high up in the air. Therefore, the Jetpack or Rocket Jump can solve the problems they cause, but you need to avoid some unsuspected surprises, like how they will attempt to shoot you with projectile weapons.
- It cannot kill you in a single hit if you are far enough.
- It is recommended to jump and run with a melee weapon (with wear that boosts your jump height and/or melee movement speed) then use something like the Big Buddy (PG3D) to shoot at the user.
- This also applies to other weapons that deal lethal damage, like the Ghost Lantern.
- When in Knife Party, use other lethal/long ranged melees, such as the Combat Yo-Yo.
- A good Primary should be able to take these users out with experience and skill.
Have a weapon with a longer range if engaged in long-ranged combat.
This weapon is undoubtedly popular among Pixel Gun 3D players, especially around its release. Though it became less popular over time due to the multitude of nerfs and less uniqueness towards the weapon. Although it the first weapon to have an area of effect which is what made it unique, more melee weapons got the same attribute.
In the 10.0.0 update, ever since its initial release, many players who saved up coins for the 10.0.0 update bought the Storm Hammer and spammed this weapon excessively in matches for the next few updates, when it kept getting nerfed.
- Lethality reduced to 27.
- Attack speed reduced to 84.
- Attack speed reduced to 82.
- Mobility reduced from 130 (80 in modern value) to 120 (70 in modern value).
Lethality reduced to 24.
Radius was reduced.
Cost changed to 255. Before this update, it was the most expensive coin currency weapon not only in the Melee section but the most expensive coin currency weapon in the entire game as its cost used to be 700. Some considered its extravagant price to be worthy, as this is one of the most powerful melee weapons in the game but it was ultimately changed to a 255 price tag.
This weapon received some new special effects or particles when you use this to attack. Now, there is a little blue energy circle whenever you swing it along with a new lightning particle.
This weapon was slightly buffed.
- This weapon is probably based off of Mjölnir, the hammer of Thor, as it has a lightning symbol on it and is mainly blue in color.
- Sharing a very similar color scheme to the Zeus Chain-Sword it might indicate that lore-wise the storm hammer is actually Greek as the chain sword has Zeus in the name and the Storm Hammer only has "storm".
- It is the first melee weapon with Area Damage.
- This weapon was unlocked at level 27 along with the Secret Forces Rifle, Dual Hawks, Sunrise and "Bastion".
- Due to its infamous nature of being a high damage-area damage weapon, it has been dubbed the 'Spammer Hammer' or 'Hammer Spammer' and is spammed commonly by players.
- This is most likely due to how common it is in Knife Party.
- So far, this is one of the most used melee weapons in the game.