Three Category Spamming or as known for short Three Cat Spam or Quick Switching is when a player quickly fires their one-shot weapon and then quickly switches to 2 other one-shot weapons. The weapons used are usually wall-break weapons, and the three categories are sniper, special, and backup. This practice is also paired with spamming one-shot heavy weapons such as the Christmas Ultimatum, using high mobile melees, and primaries such as the Black Mamba as a backup. The player also may Rocket Jump while doing this.
- Laser Bouncer
- Anti-Hero Rifle
- Laser Bow
- Prototype S
- Alien Sniper Rifle
- Alien Blaster
- Craftable items: Prototype S
- Rocket Jump commonly used items: Berserk Boots or Ninja Tabi.
- Laser Revolver (First Laser Revolver then Sniper: IT WORKS!)
- Sniper Exoskeleton
- Poison Darts
- Melees: Usually Three Cat Spammers will switch to any melee which has 85 mobility, to increase their movement speed.
- Other items: Area damage heavy and a fast-firing primary as a backup.
- Kill the users of this strategy using high damage weapons like the Secret Forces Rifle.
- Snipe them with high damage and DPS snipers.
- Use area damage weapons such as the Electromagnetic Cannon.
- Slow down weapons can affect the Three Category Spammer if they are rocket jumping.
- Being a Three Category Spammer yourself can be effective when countering.
- Try to avoid being on the ground considering the fact that 3 cat spammers rely on you being on the ground.
- It now takes significantly longer to switch weapons than it was previously for balancing purposes.
- The Anti-Champion Rifle has been removed as it was a weapon in the sniper category that people used to three cat spam. It was re-added again.
- There is a glitch where the player can do the three category spam using the Comet.
- It was patched in the 15.99.0 update.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.