The Throwing Spears is a Special weapon introduced in the 16.5.0 update. It can be obtained for a limited time from the Event Chest.
As its name suggests, it features a wooden shaft with a grip made out of wrapped vines, various colored feathers near the head, and a stone tipped edge.
- Aim at the head to deal more damage.
- Do not stop moving when using this weapon.
- The weapon's travel time diminishes this weapon's effectiveness at long range. However, it can be used effectively at close to medium ranges, depending on the player's skill.
- Due to the Piercing Shot attribute, it can be used against groups of enemies. Line up your shots perfectly to hit multiple enemies at once.
- If your target is moving, try predicting where your target's position will be and then throw it.
- Using this weapon against weakened players will finish them off quickly.
- Use a slowing weapon before using this weapon so your aim will be better.
- The Bleeding attribute can deal damage overtime, eventually killing them if the enemy's health is low enough.
- Pick off the user at long range.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns can quickly finish users off.
- Strafe around the user while firing to avoid getting hit.
- Try to avoid getting into the user's line of sight or general aiming direction.
- Do not be fooled by its looks since it is a throwing weapon, as the name suggests.
- Flank around the user with a shotgun or melee weapon and attack them from behind.
This weapon works well for a close-medium, high damaging weapon. Equip a fast firing Primary or Backup to finish players off.