The Torpedo Launcher is a Heavy weapon added in the 15.6.0 update.
It takes the appearance of a submarine that would fire torpedoes, it has a pistol grip near the propeller.
This weapon has high damage, moderate fire rate, low capacity, and decent mobility.
- Use this against multiple enemies to maximize its area damage potential.
- The weapon fires burst shots, allowing the user to severely damage multiple enemies in a single burst.
- Watch out for ammo, since it carries only 6 ammo on use.
- Switch to a high mobility weapon since it has just a measly 55 mobility.
- The recommended range for this weapon is short to medium. Time your shots to conserve ammo.
- Keep your distance when damaging multiple enemies, since you will be under collateral damage in doing so.
- Engage its users from long ranges.
- The users can't hit most aerial units, so Rocket Jump or use the Jetpack against them. This tip can be applied to any slow-moving projectile weapons.
- Use a decent melee weapon on users with a low sensitivity. You can usually tell if they are a low sensitivity player.
- Use the Reflector (Gadget) to make its users less enthusiastic in hitting you.
- Any fast-fire rate weapons can overwhelm its users as the fire-rate is slow.
- Better yet, attack its users from behind so he/she will not be given time to counteract.
- It is the only weapon that is submarine-themed.
- It is one of the Heavy weapons that fires in bursts.
- You must reach level 55 before it is possible to unlock this weapon, therefore making it exclusive to level 55 players.
- Although this is clearly a different submarine, the idea of a submarine used as a handheld weapon could be a reference to the Steel Diver from the Super Smash Bros. series.