|“||These jaws will eat the way even through the armored targets. The bites result in heavy bleeding of the target. When the "ammo" reaches enemies, the teeth won't relinquish until the latter are dead.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Trapper is a Special weapon added in the 10.4.0 update. It is the first form of the Trapper.
It is a bulky weapon that shoots yellow traps that pierce through players, that can slow them down and make them bleed. It has good damage, a high fire rate, good capacity, and decent mobility.
The weapon overall has a very bulky design. It consists of a yellow body, a blue pressure tank, a black handle and fires bear trap-like projectiles. The projectiles represent the smile traps the Joker throws, with two red eyes above the "mouth".
This weapon shoots yellow traps. These projectiles have a fast, but not an instant bullet travel time. These traps can also pierce through players and make them bleed, which means that they temporarily lose extra health. Moreover, they can slow down the targets, temporarily reducing their mobility.
When reloading, the player takes out the box of traps and replaces them with another one. It has no delay mechanics.
- Use its special ability which slows a target down to increase your team's damage output or for yourself.
- Aim for the head, as this weapon can instantly kill golden armor users and below.
- Most weapons have problems due to the weapon blocking projectiles.
- Avoid being too close to walls, the traps will hit it and decreases effectiveness.
- Claustrophobic (tight) spaces may help you easily kill your target(s).
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- Strafe a lot, as this weapon's projectiles are slow enough to be noticed.
- This weapon's projectiles block bullets infinitely, meaning it is impossible to kill or harm the user unless you ambush them from behind or use a weapon that has the wall break effect such as the Prototype.
- Sneaking up on the enemy can kill them easily.
- Try to avoid going to maps like in Silent School, or other maps, most of it having hallways, corridors or other tight-on-width rooms because you will stand almost no chances on surviving against this weapon in these type of areas.
- Practice extremely radical, unpredictable movements with a fast weapon. It usually confuses the user and he/she tends to fire randomly. Take advantage of this and kill the user at the same time.
Carry around a high-mobility weapon to easily chase targets and avoid snipers. Strafe often.
- Initial release.
- Its damage was severely nerfed.
- It has two reskinned versions of itself, namely Death Claws and Portable Gift Factory.
- This is the only weapon that shoots bear traps, other than the Death Claws and the Portable Gift Factory.
- The loaded traps that make up the magazine of the weapon's teeth are not visible even though the trap's frame do not close around the teeth.