|This article is a featured article, which means it is identified as one of the best articles produced by the Pixel Gun Wiki.|
The Viking is a Primary weapon introduced in the 15.2.0 update. It is obtainable during the Battle Pass of the Phoenix Order.
It appears to be a pump-action shotgun with an L-shaped pump to make it look like a Dane Ax head. Another L-is on top of the "ax blade". The L on the inside is a mixture of orange and yellow. The back is brown, with what appears to be a red ribbon tied onto it. The trigger is about one-third of the way to the front from the back.
This weapon has a grey-orange-brown color scheme.
It deals very high damage especially at close ranges (2 shots are able to take down a max-armored player, including the Bleeding effect), it has a decent fire rate, a somewhat low capacity and a decent mobility.
- Use this in small maps like Coliseum and Pool Party, as you can make use of it to the fullest.
- Avoid using this against long-range snipers, as you will get easily killed.
- Switch to your own sniper or a long-ranged automatic backup.
- Conserve ammo as this weapons capacity is somewhat low.
- Aim on the head for maximum efficiency per shot.
- Storm Trooper Cape, Burning Tiara and Hunter's Altar makes the work short.
- An additional use of this is to gain free armor.
- Use this similarly to the Devastator.
- This shotgun has slightly more range than other shotguns, making it more useful and more of a threat.
- Get in close with both weapons.
- Be aware of the slower fire rate.
- Unlike other shotguns, you do not have to use this as a utility weapon, as this can dominate by itself.
- The "Bleeding" effect may finish off the opponent.
- Switch to this weapon when in extremely close combat.
- If in a close range map, jump around and get a good headshot with a high damaging weapon.
- Pickoff its users from long ranges.
- Counter these users with carbine weapons at medium ranges.
- Strafe around them and over them. Try to avoid taking the majority of the shots, as you will take extreme damage.
- If you are being attacked by a Viking user, try backpedaling to avoid a majority of the damage while using a weapon like the Secret Forces Rifle to finish then off.
- Do not be fooled by its looks, since it is a shotgun.
- Bring a scoped weapon for long ranges.
- A melee weapon that have at least a mobility of 85 for retreat. Have a medium-long range automatic back up and a good sniper. (The Multitaskers can also be used as the light mobility weapon and the medium-long range back up. However, you may want a scoped backup. In that case, get the Cyber Revolver, which most players should get.)
- This is a useful add-on to Sniper Category Spammers.
- Being a shotgun this weapon greatly delivers what most players would expect from a shotgun and more. Although very powerful and would provide decent gameplay for seasoned shotgun players, this weapon would still provide similar gameplay to any other shotgun users, but worth attempting to get from the start.
- This is used for the Three Category Spam.
- The ax head is similar to the Dane ax, a weapon used during the Viking age and early Middle Ages.
- This is why it is called the Viking.
- It is one of the 4 Battle Pass weapons introduced in the 15.2.0 update along with the Heart of Volcano, Gladiator, and Cursed Pirate.
- This is the first shotgun to feature the "Armor Bonus" and "Bleeding" attribute. However, the Devastator and Photon Shotgun have the "Burning" effect.
- When this weapon was first released (15.2.0), there was a bug when the opponent took a direct hit, the opponent would freeze for a few seconds.
- It was patched about 1 week later.
- When it shoots, purplish steam comes out of it, similar to the Steam Power.
- This weapon seems to switch between being a one-hit kill and a two hit kill.
- Now in the 15.7.0 update, it's a 1 shot kill at close range.
- The weapon seems to have the same reloading animation as the Mega Destroyer and Shotgun.
- The Viking's bullet range is higher than most shotguns.
- However, in the 15.7.0 update, it's range was slightly nerfed.