The Water Blades is a Backup weapon introduced in the 17.2.0 update.
It is weapon themed on Chinese new year. It has a mobility of 75 and a high firing rate of 85.
The Water Blades takes the appearance of (ironically, an Egyptian khopesh) and a blue scroll with the Chinese word for ‘water’ on it. It shoots rockets which makes your opponent bleed.
When the fire button is pressed, the user will cast a water projectile from the blade. The projectile has travel time, and will either heal teammates or deal the bleeding effect. When reloading, the user will replenish the power of the blade by summoning water droplets from the scroll.
This weapon it is very powerful when used on other players, It is mostly a 2-3 shot and the bleeding effect is great for finishing the enemy off. This weapon is especially good in close range due to its long travel time. Try to be very close to your enemy as the it will be easier to hit your opponent.
- As a backup weapon, it is very powerful at close-medium range.
- Aim at the head to maximize damage.
- The high mobility is useful as a weapon to carry when moving around from point to point.
- The weapon's travel time diminishes this weapon's effectiveness at long range. However, it can be used effectively at close to medium ranges, depending on the player's skill.
- If your target is moving, try predicting where your target's position will be and then attack.
- The bleeding attribute is useful for dealing damage to enemies overtime.
- This weapon is very useful if one has a coordinated team since it allows a team member to be the designated healer, this is especially useful in gamemodes such as Raid and Siege.
- If you become the healer, then it's recommended to keep close to the team to determine who needs healing.
- Due to its range, it can be also useful for healing teammates from afar.
- Make sure you protect the healer, since the healer can keep the team alive longer.
- Pick off the user at long range.
- Area damage and shotguns make quick work of users.
- Strafe while jumping to minimize the damage from the weapon.
- Like most Backup weapons, being at farther ranges is effective for minimizing the chances of being hit.
- Flank around the user then use a melee weapon to deal quick damage and then pull back.
- If the enemy team has a designated healer, target the healer first.
Equip a long range weapon.
- It is one of the few Backup weapons that have teammates healing, rockets and bleeding