The Witch's Sheep Cauldron is a Special weapon introduced in the 16.5.0 update but unavailable until the 16.6.0 update. It can be obtained for a limited time as part of the Trader's Van event in the armory.
Witch's Sheep Cauldron is a magic-invention themed weapon that shoots out magical purple "water" This weapons deal high damage(when full charged) with a decent fire rate(charge speed), high capacity and low mobility.
It takes the form of a small cauldron with a sheep's head at the front, holding a bubbling purple potion. And a small wand with a small sheep figure on top of it.
Since it has the charge shot attribute, the player will stir the wand in the solution until the fire button is released, when released, it shoots a purple projectile, which will turn an enemy into a Sheep.
When the fire button is held, the player will start charging the gun by stirring the cauldron. When the weapon is fully charged, a purple magic power will appear, notice that the next shoot will turn the enemy into a sheep.
When an enemy is turned into a sheep, he/she cannot use any weapons or gadgets and the camera will switch to a third-person perspective. The screen will also say "You turned into a sheep". As a sheep, the affected enemy can move, jump, and attack, in the same way, a pet sheep would. The affected enemy will revert back to normal 5 seconds later.
When the weapon needs to reload, the player will modify the cauldron, make the magic water inside it boil again and continue the battle. It has no delay what-so-ever.
- Move around while charging up the shot, to avoid getting hit.
- Make sure you are behind cover or not out in the open while using this weapon.
- You can hold the charge indefinitely, this is useful when waiting for targets or when the target is out of the line of sight.
- Due to its mobility, it is not recommended to equip the weapon when traveling around the map, switch to a melee weapon with high mobility instead.
- This weapon can be used to make enemies vulnerable by making them unable to attack.
- When an enemy turns into a sheep, switch to another weapon and finish them off.
- Use this to annoy/aggro enemies into attacking you.
- If possible, use this against the biggest threat towards your team, such as a highly skilled player, or a 3-cat spammer.
- If one team is coordinated enough, try sticking together and have the designated user turn enemies into sheep, then have the other teammates finish the affected enemy off.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Area damage or high fire rate weapons and shotguns can quickly finish users off.
- Strafe around the user while firing to avoid getting hit.
- Try to wait until the user fires its charged shot, and then attack.
- If you are turned into a sheep, try disengaging from the battle and retreat to cover.
- If one of your teammates is turned into a sheep, try covering them as they retreat back.
- Try to avoid getting into the user's line of sight or general aiming direction.
- Utilize the Jetpack to escape from the user.
- Use the low mobility as an advantage and outmaneuver the user using high mobility weapons.
- Use throwing gadgets such as Frag Grenades to damage or kill user(s) from cover.
- Use one shot kill such as One Shot or Anti-Champion Rifle weapons to take them out quickly before they notice you.
- Equip a Backup weapon for dealing with enemies at close-medium ranges.
- Use a fast-firing Primary or Special to weaken strong opponents.
The weapon is released
- It is the first weapon to feature an ability to turn enemies into another creature.
- Formerly, there was a developer oversight where the text notifying that a player has turned into a sheep will be in Russian, regardless of the language.
- This issue was fixed later.
- This weapon might be a reference to the wizard zombie from Plants vs Zombies 2 as the zombie turns plants into sheep.
- It is the second most expensive coin weapon, costing 3850 or 1000 to obtain.
- The Neutron Pulsator beat this weapon’s price by 650 .
- In the Armory, if one is patient enough to watch the animation of the player holding the Witch's Sheep Cauldron, he or she will notice that the player in question is drinking something from it (but no liquid is shown dripping towards the player).